Wednesday 23 April 2014

Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum



The first thing to say is that this review has been a long time coming. I got the body shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum for my birthday in February and have been meaning to review it since. 

I have to say I really love this serum, I was a bit sceptical when I was given this by my best friend Becca, as I have really oily skin but I have to say I have fallen in love with it. As I said I have really oily skin but it can react to some products and it can be hard to tell why, there have been two products that have really dried my skin the the Olay essentials refreshing toner, and the L'OrĂ©al Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying Micellar Solution, so I probably got this at the perfect time as my skin was starting to get really dry and I have to admit I was using the Micellar solution a lot and visiting my grandma in hospital twice a day for about week with also really dried my skin out, not very pleasant, so this really helped to lock moisture into my skin. 

On the bottle it tells you that it can be applied on two different ways first you can use it alone without a moisturiser or you can use it under moisturiser now this isn't my favourite way of using it as I feel like it didn't really do anything it just felt like it sat on my skin. I then decided to use it the second way by adding it to my night time moisturiser, now I only use a really small amount about two drops works for my and then apply the combination to my face and the next morning my skins feels amazing. I should also point out that I don't use this everyday as it could get to much for my skin, so I only really use it twice a week and if I have been neglecting my skin it will apply it more often. 

I really love the packaging it comes in a plastic pink bottle that isn't too big and it has a built in pipette which is really handy and makes the product easy to use, it is small enough that it can easily fit into my toiletries bag when I'm going away which is always helpful. I also love the plain design of the bottle as it easily tells you what the product is in easy to read black front.

The texture is really smooth and doesn't feel overly sticky which is a bonus as I don't think I could cope if my face felt sticky it would drive me mad, however it can become sticky if you apply to much. 

I wouldn't really say that this product has a distinctive smell, and I defiantly can't smell anything when it is on my skin, like when a Clarins serum that was used on my hand I could smell it for hours to the point of making me feel ill, so this is defiantly a product I would recommend and for £12.99 you really can't go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment