Wednesday 3 September 2014

Makeup Starter Kit - Drugstore



I was looking though my makeup and decided that I would so a makeup starter kit including some of the products that I love.

For Base:
The base I would choose would be the No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation and I always forget about No7 as they are always at the front of boots with the high end makeup, which I try to avoid, but when I remember they do amazing foundations. They also colour match which is great as all of there colours are the same across all there foundations so it is really easy to buy a new foundation once you know there shade and they will also tell you your summer shade too.
Right onto the foundation itself the coverage is light to medium and is easy to build and I love applying this with my fingers as it makes it very quick and easy. it is also suitable for all skin types, which is always a bonus.
There are two concealers that are really good for covering up any blemishes and that is the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint that is branded as an under eye concealer however I find that it is too heavy for under my eye but great at covering anything else.
For under eye concealer I would recommend the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer as it isn't to heavy and really helps to brighten the eye area.
For powder I would recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder that is really great for keeping makeup in place and it helps to control oil.

For eyes:
I would recommend any of the Sleek eye shadow palettes, I have the Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette and as with all sleek products it is a highly pigmented and the palette is very versatile, the palette contains 12 eyeshadows, two are matte and they are both neutral browns and there are 10 shimmery shades. This palettes is great for creating both day and night looks.

For Cheeks:
I would recommend the Sleek Blushes, like the eye shadows they are very pigmented and you have to be careful when applying them but they are lovely and come in a range of shades. My favourites are Flushed for autumn/winter and Rose Gold for spring/summer.

For Lips: 
I would recommend a your lips but better colour as it can be worn both day and night and for a starter lipstick it would be a great place to start, for my lips but better colour I use the Rimmel Lasting Finish in the shade Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment