Wednesday 9 July 2014

London and IMATS



So last Sunday Me and Becca from (Polkadot Note Book) took a trip down to IMATS and we were really excited, as we have wanted to go for a while but never found the time to go. So when she suggested it I got my dad to book the train tickets as I was going straight back down to London after coming back from holiday.
We got an early train that got us to London around 11 o'clock which was great, we were getting the train back again at 7 o'clock so we had quite a lot of time. So the first thing we did was buy our tube tickets which I think was the most nerve wrecking part of getting on the tube once we had our tickets we made our way over to Olympia National where IMATS was being held.

We then applied the Disney principle which is you head to the back and work your way forwards, so our first stop was crown brushes where I did actually pick up some brushes up more on that later we then wandered around for a while and ended up at Inglot were we stood for a bit but then decided to wander again, we then made a purchase at Ellis Faas (more on this later) and headed back to Inglot were we made our palettes and sadly I wasn't having much luck here as every matte purple I tried to buy they had sold out of so I ended up coming away with three colours which I adore (I will get a matte purple soon), so we then made another brush purchase which I have to say I am already in love with.

We then left IMATS as we both felt we had done what we wanted to and get what we wanted and we wanted to use the rest of our day to explore London as it is a long time since either of us have been, so we basically hope back on the tube and went to explore and other stories and I have to say we weren't that impressed which was a shame as we had heard a lot of good things about it.

We then wandered up  Regent Street and Oxford Street, where we had a nosey in some of the shops and then we headed back to Kings Cross in hopes of finding food but nothing really took our fancy. So we head back over to Leicester Square were we spotted a nice little Italian called Bella Italia and I have to say the service was great and they were really friendly, after we finished we head back to Kings Cross and by this time we were both tired and headed home.

We both really enjoyed our day out in London and have promised ourselves that we have to go back for longer than a day as we would have loved more time to do the touristy things around London.

So as I said I picked up a few things at IMATS:

So the first thing I picked up was an some Brushes from Crown, I pickup was the BK04 angled Blush Brush and the next brush I picked up was the BK37 Round Tapered Crease Brush.
Inglot Palette
Top Left 330, Top Right 446, Bottom Left 09


I picked up an Inglot Eye Shadow Palette, the first colour is a Cream Matte Shade 330, the next shade I picked up was shimmery bronze shade 09 and the last colour I picked up was a Purple shade with a pearl finish 446 and I have to say I am in love with all of these colours and I am going pick up a Matte purple shade then my palette will be complete.

I also picked up an Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in the shade L103 which is a lovely orange- red shade that does look very dark on the sponge but not when it is applied to the lips, I fell completely in love it when I swatched it.

The last thing I picked up was a Royal & Langnickel BKABUKKI- 25 kabuki brush that is amazing for using it with powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment