Saturday 26 July 2014

Newcastle Pride and Staying at the Sandman Signature



So this weekend me and my girlfriend decided to go away for the night and it happened to be the same weekend as Newcastle pride so we decided that on the Saturday we would go so this is an overview of what we did.

So as we were staying at the Sandman Signature we decided to head downstairs to the restaurant that is attached to the hotel which is called the Shark Club and I have to say I have been looking forward to this as I have looked at there menu a few times and my parents had told be that the food is great. I have to say I would love to eat everything on there menu as it does remind me a little of Florida (can you tell I love the place) anyway, I have only previously eaten breakfast here and that was before they fixed the salt situation anyway I digress. Now we ate here twice once on the Friday night where we ordered the Nachos that were meant to be for starters but ended up coming at the same time as the mains which meant that there was a lot of food. For main course I had the Chicken Pesto Quesadilla which was quite nice and the girlfriend had a Classic Burger which looked really nice.

We then decided that we would go out for a few drinks and we ended up in the Fourth at Central Station and it was nice as I much prefer a pub and it meant that we were able to have a conversion which is always a bonus.

So on the Saturday we had decided that we would go to pride and neither of us had been before, we ended up meeting some of her friends and it was really nice to walk in the parade although it was very hot, but we enjoyed it and I ended up meeting one of my grandmas friends who was there taking photographs and she insisted that she took one of the two of us I have to say it is a lovely picture. We didn't stay long at pride as it was very hot and we weren't really dressed appropriately, and sadly as it was so busy we didn't get to talk to Becca but I am meeting her on Thursday so that isn't to bad.

Once we had left, we ended up in my home away from home costa as both of our feet were sore and we needed a sit down, I had a iced skinny latte and Hayley had a Skinny Sticky Toffee Cooler that she really liked. As we had to collected our cases from the Sandman Signature so we decided to go back to the Shark Club again as we hadn't eaten anything and were starting to get hungry. Hayley again had the Classic Burger and I had the Ginger Beef Rice Bowl and I have to say I really enjoyed it as it wasn't  too heavy and was flavoured really well my only complaint might be that there was a lot of rice but it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment